Saturday, March 3, 2012

Told you I wasn't good at this........

..... it is the weekend and i am loving it. I love my weekends. I work hard monday to friday and love my downtime weekends!

Today I met up with a few ladies from Craftsy.com's MEETUP. This was our second get together, getting to know a bit more about each other and realizing just how small our world really is!

I took my knitting, i am knitting all my kids and dh a pair of slippers. Want to get them all knit up then stitched so when we go out west this summer, i can each of them a pair along with a few other things i have planned. We are going to an Ocean Falls Reunion held in Campbell River on August 11th. I am looking forward to it, having reconnected with several Ocean Fallers on the OF Facebook page. Looking at all the pictures that have been posted, the past and present and many inbetween. I talked Cousin Bev into coming with me. Gord and Allan can keep each other company while Bev and I reconnect with old friends and fellow Ocean Fallers. Ocean Falls is a town (I say is, some would say was but it still lives and breaths), 350 miles north of Vancouver, on the mainland of British Columbia, Canada. I was born and raised there with the most awesome memories with the best childhood.
I did go to one reunion back in the '80's in Kamploops and had a blast. So I am very much looking forward to this reunion. I hope to show Gord some of the most beautiful areas on this earth, on Vancouver Island: Long Beach, Uclulet and it's Lighthouse, a very secuded and not well known spot but one of the most rugged and beautiful places. After touring the island we hope to head to Vancouver to visit kids, then to Kelowna to spend some time with my parents then on to Alberta to visit my oldest daughter and her husband. then home. I am looking forward to visiting all of the places i once lived!

Tomorrow i want to get a few more circular skirts made for the Dance classes at school. now tha ti know how and what i am doing they are much easier to put together, the time consuming part is laying and measuring out the mass amount of fabric. I know they dancers will love them and enjoy dancing in these skirts!

Til next time.....when ever that might be...
Valerie



No comments: